Tuesday 8 January 2013

Two New Friends and the Adventure Begins

I have really been missing getting my craft on so I am super excited to have finished a layout I started last month. These pictures are almost exactly a year old so it feels good to get the story told and put in the album.


The photos are of my good friend Caroline and her gorgeous wee boy Jack. We had watched him change and grow online but it was lovely to finally meet him in the flesh! He and Scarlett had a lovely time playing together. These pictures really make me realise just how much S has grown in the past year. Scary stuff indeed.

This is my first layout from the Studio Calico Sock Hop kit, with most of the papers and embellies actually coming from the Poodle Skirt add on that I purchased. I am in love with the arrow paper from American Crafts and the Sodalicious funky patterns I have used for the journalling and photo mat.

Our adventurous year is about to begin with confirmation that my husband's department is being transferred overseas. I cannot say much more at this point but the timeline for decision making is surprisingly short and we will almost certainly be leaving Singapore by the end of June. It is all a wonderful adventure is what I keep telling myself. Let's hope that is the case!

The other big change around here is that Miss S will be going to school five days a week starting in February. She will be at school from 8 until 1 those days so it is a good long session. I am really looking forward to it and I think Scarlett is too. She had a lovely first day back yesterday but was worn out after being on holiday for a few weeks. She has started taking the bus both ways this year and seems to be handling that challenge really well. I am very proud of her.

Right, I am off to have a look at my semi abandoned December Daily. I hope I am not the only one still working on one! Have a wonderful Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. Nope, I'm still working on my December Daily-ish. Since we just took down the tree yesterday I'm not feeling too bad about it. I wanted to finish PL 2012 first, anyway.

    Hooray for new adventures. Where are you going next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry mine isn't completed yet either but I am proud to say I have the photo's printed. Those pics are so cute and I love the arrow paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute page with adorable photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little bit of chevron in the corner. Good luck with your year! Sounds like an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8-1 is a good amount of time for S to attend preschool!!!!
    and may mama get some scrappy time in!!!

    as for the move...may it be fun and exciting where ever you are going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet page! Love the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine isn't finished either, ,don't know why it is so hard to finish it.

    ReplyDelete