Monday 14 January 2013

Challenges and Self Care

I love this time of year! CHA Winter has just finished and there have been so many lovely new scrapbooking goodies appearing on Instagram, Facebook and all the scrappy blogs. I have seen a number of things I hope will appear in my scrapbooking kits. I am also excited about some of the new mini kits coming from Becky Higgins later in the year. A smaller kit is definitely more what I would like to intersperse with my Studio Calico Project Life kit. I managed to indoctrinate my sister into the PL cult while she was staying with us and she headed back to NZ with a cherry kit and binder stashed in her suitcase! Perhaps we will be able to go halves in a couple of mini kits!

Studio Calico understands the dilemma of loving all the new goodies and having a stash full of lovely things already. They are running a whole series of challenges that are open until Saturday. I made a layout today that I have entered into Kelly Noel's challenge of using a patterned paper as a background. I love doing this so it was not too difficult but I am thrilled to have used a paper I was hoarding from the Roller Rink kit.


This is another photo from when we were staying with my sister-in-law and her fiance. I didn't even know Tet took it! A very typical scene of S eating her snack while I check my reader on the iPad. I love the little cameras on the Amy Tangerine paper and was happy the colours seemed to work.

If you think you have some stash to bust here is a link to the list of challenges currently running. I am sure you will find something to help you make room for all the new season's goodies.

I received some happy mail today. I ordered it after reading a post from one of my favourite Australian bloggers Natural New Age Mum. She put out a challenge to join her in a daily boost comprising of dry body brushing and moisturising with some beautifully blended aromatherapy oils. She recommended a specific combination of oils so I decided a little self care was in order and made an order from www.twenty8.com. My parcel arrived today with some instant calm blend aromatherapy oil, magnesium oil and a massage oil. I have been completing the dry body brushing most days and it does give me a real boost so I am excited to try the oils in the morning. If I like it I can see me ordering some more blends so I have a choice to suit my mood.

I am really interested in what others do to take care of themselves. Do you have any daily rituals that make your day that much better?

3 comments:

  1. Great design of a clean page!!
    So excited too about all the new collections that are coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really striking. It is great that you used an everyday moment photo, a lot of times we forget to capture those on our pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page, that paper is one of my faves! My new beauty secret is coconut oil. I love using it as a moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete