Thursday 17 January 2013

A Couple of Challenge Layouts

What a good source of motivation the Studio Calico CHA Challenges have been for me. I completed two new layouts yesterday and hope to squeeze two more in before the challenges close on Saturday (US time). 

Apart from a couple of rows of knitting I have not managed to get any other crafting done today. We had a Landlord's inspection of our apartment so the morning was mainly tidying for that. The agent was here for about three minutes but he was happy so I am glad that is over for another year. I have a Scarlett home day today so we managed to squeeze in a little outing to one of our favourite cafes for a treat and to make up for some very shouty Mummy when she woke me up one too many times last night.

The first challenge I had a go at yesterday was a use three patterned papers challenge. I usually use at least that many but it made me use up some scraps that were left of my favourite papers from the Roller Rink kits.


I had a bit of trouble with my white Mister Huey smearing a little but hey ho. The photos are from one of my husband's many work trips to Thailand. On one trip the plant arranged to take him to Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Thailand. It is a beautiful spot and he took some lovely photos of the numerous Buddhas at the site. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Park ad well worth a visit if you get the chance. I visited it long before I even knew my husband but it is one of the most memorable places from my South East Asian travels.

The second layout was an include glitter challenge response. I don't use much glitter but I make an exception for Thickers and washi tape so I included both on this layout.


This photo is from when Scarlett was only about three months old. She was notorious for never sleeping lying down and this photo provides good proof of this. This photo was taken at an antenatal group meet up at our place and there were half a dozen Mums and babies in the room at the time. Crazy times!

Finally, I feel like a bit of a fraud with my knitting I showed you yesterday. It looks like a super complex pattern but it just clever wool that mimics a fair isle style pattern. Thank you for all the kind comments. I have really enjoyed doing something relaxing of an evening!

5 comments:

  1. Just looking at your pages gets me in the scraping mood every.single.time. THANK YOU so much for your sweet kind thoughtful words on my blog! Looking forward to following yours now!
    XXOOXO

    Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of you and Scarlett is lovely. I really like both of these.
    I am loving the CHA challenges too, it motivates me to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of you & Scarlett. Great pages Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I feel like scrapping, instead of cleaning...who am I kidding? I would also prefer to scrap. Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are looking great (look, I can finally comment) I am just getting back into "normal" scrapping today (vs Holiday)

    ReplyDelete