Wednesday 2 January 2013

Hello 2013 Hello Adventure

I don't know about you but the last half of December was a blur of family, fun and travel and I am only barely catching my breath two days into 2013. Currently we have my sister and hubby's brother plus girlfriend staying with us, so the house is full of fun and presents and a little less full of sleep and down time! We lose two guests and hubby returns to work tomorrow so things will slowly return to some type of normal and I am hopeful that with that, my blogging will fall back into its usual schedule.



I have a lot of fun non creative things to share over the next little while. We took an amazing break to Phuket with the family and it truly is paradise. Of course Christmas was a pretty big deal for the child portion of the family and the arrival of family right through to the end of December has meant someone has been extremely spoilt! I have not had too much time for scrapbooking projects but I have picked up my knitting needles after a long break and have started a little cardigan for Scarlett. It could all end in tears but I hope the excitement S has shown for my making a start will keep me going.

Scarlett in Bang Tao


Are any of you taking part in the One Little Word class offered by Ali Edwards? I started last year and it ground to a halt really quickly. I am wondering about attempting the class again though as I have definitely found my word for the year - adventure.

I haven't talked about it too much on the blog but there are a lot of changes projected for 2013 and the uncertainty of where we will be living and what we will all be doing by the end of the year has left me more stressed and anxious than I would like. Uncertainty is not my friend. Once I know what we are doing I can embrace it and make plans. I knew something had to change or I was going to have a miserable few months this year. I decided that it might all be in my attitude so I have dubbed 2013 as the Year of Adventure for our family. The changes are just part of the adventure.

Sunrise


Have you found your word for 2013? Have you any words of wisdom for getting through a very uncertain time? I would love to hear them. Let's make 2013 a wonderful year both personally and creatively!

9 comments:

  1. Nice to "hear" read from you again. I am currently waiting for a new heart and has so for one year and my way of coping with it is to take one day at a time and not think so much about it. Scrapbooking is very helpful too. After our youngest was born in week 24 and very sick my husband and I had to learn the skill of taking one day at a time and not make any plans. But I visualized happy times with my baby home with us and now I am visualizing a healthy furure for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cissi, lovely to "see" you again.I think your advice to take one day at a time is very apt. I like to have a plan and that is what I am struggling with at the moment. You have such a lot on your plate at present. I am so glad that scrapbooking is such a positive outlet for you. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that the heart you need makes its way to you quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not taking ali's class again but i did choose a word for this year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing the one word thing. I really stink at keeping up with these things for an entire year :-) Love your word though!
    Great pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soo glad to hear from you again! I love your tree and just hearing from you! xoxo Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of changes or uncertainty but I think whatever happens you need to think of it as an adventure (even if it is a scary one). I am not doing OLW this year, I started last year and the novelty wore off after a month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhh year of adventure!! love it!!!
    happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We too are facing lots of changes this year. I just did my OLW on my blog here: http://www.hollyhumbert.com/2013/01/one-little-word.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. A year of adventure is good! Our year was 2012 and it ended up being spectacular! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete