Friday 25 January 2013

Life Paper Scrapbook Sketch

I am so excited for my friend Manda who has just started a new online scrapbooking magazine based in Australia, Life.Paper.Scrapbook. I love it when people find something they are unhappy with and go out there and do something about it. The site is well worth a look as she is currently looking for a design team and has recently put up a new sketch challenge.

I love a sketch as it really helps me get my pictures scrapped quickly and painlessly. Here is the new Life.Paper. Scrapbook sketch.

 

I pulled out my November Studio Calico kit and a couple of photos from the Marina Bay area of Singapore and got to work.


I started off working on a  red and white patterned paper but as I flicked through my papers looking for my secondary patterned papers I realised that the colours of this feather paper matched really well with the colours in the photos. That made adding the feather patterned vellum a no brainer and I decided to keep it pretty clean by using the swiss dot white cardstock as my third option.  Some quick embossing onto wood veneer triangles, Pink Paislee glitter letters and a few bits and pieces from the Dear Lizzy line and I called it done.


I think I am incapable of completing a layout without enamel dots at the moment. They add something special!


Now that I have braved the world of heat embossing I am trying it out at every opportunity. I will definitely be using it in my, as yet incomplete, December Daily.

I hope to see some of your interpretations of the sketch up on Manda's site soon.

I am off to finish packing as we head to Bangkok to have a good look round this weekend. I am hoping to post some pictures on here over the weekend. If you follow me on Instagram be prepared for a bit of a deluge!

Have a fantastic weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Great page Claire. I love those glitter letters. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page Claire, love the enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GReat take on that sketch! Fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific pages. Such a pretty city it is

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the layer of vellum across the middle to soften the PP.
    And you know I love glitter alpha'! Thanks so much for playing along at LPS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty, the vellum is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are to die for! I keep seeing these little things in shops and never know what they're for. I now feel inspired perhaps to buy a little tiny bag and try out this scrapping -- these are such gorgeous objects. The only problem: would I ever, ever write on these cards? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos! The vellum is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Life.Paper.Scrapbook :)

    ReplyDelete