Wednesday 23 May 2012

How I love a good Starting Point

I think it would be fair to say that inspiration does not always run hot. In fact, on many occasions it seems to have left the building entirely. On days such as this when I have the time and inclination to scrap but no great plan I find that sketches and increasingly, Shimelle Laine's starting points are where I turn.

Her pink and grey starting point this week had me reaching for my Glee Club Studio Calico kit which is very nearly finished. I found a recent photo of Miss Monkey that really shows her personality and went from there.

The link to the starting point is here.


The photo was taken on a day trip we took to Sentosa a few weeks ago. Monkey loved the butterfly park and especially liked the macaws and lorikeets that were also living there. She is pointing too some spectacular Scarlet Macaws just out of shot although she refused to believe they have her name too! All the patterned papers are from the very old Glee Club kit and Debate Team add on. The blue paper is actually the back of an advert that was popped in with the kit. The two bird themed journalling cards are from October Afternoon and the fonts are Amy Tangerine Muse in woodgrain and Studio Calico letter stickers. I did slightly adjust the starting point to suit the orientation of my journalling cards.

I am off to tackle another week or two of Project Life this afternoon. I remain about a month behind in spite of my best efforts. I am trying to focus on PL for the rest of the week in my evenings. Monkey is off school with a cold today and school is closed on Friday so ,once again, free time is a pretty scarce commodity.

No comments:

Post a Comment