I opened my reader this morning and my heart smiled when I saw Stephanie Howell's blog post was a call to Blog Your Heart. If you don't read Just My Soldier and Our Four Little Chicks you are totally missing out on one of my favourite ever blogs. Stephanie is an amazing crafter but also the mother of four gorgeous girls with a husband who serves in the military and all that entails. She blogs from the heart and her honesty and openness makes for a wonderful blog.
Blog Your Heart is an opportunity for bloggers to openly share all that is on their hearts and minds and I am excited to be taking part again.
My heart looks a little like this at present:
- fearful... I want to get a part time job but I am terrified I am unemployable now. As a trained teacher it makes sense for me to go relieving but I have not taught in ten years and that is an age! Insurance is the other industry I have worked in but part time jobs are few and far between and I am not ready to work sixty hour weeks. I need to do something but currently I am petrified to even start the process for fear I will fail.
- amazed by the change and growth my daughter has shown in the past couple of months. She is such a chatterbox now! Her time at pre school has been so positive even if she is really the only child in her group that talks much. Her poor teachers must get an ear bashing every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- excited to be taking Scarlett to her first live concert. We are off to see the Wiggles tomorrow and she is super excited. Sadly I am just as excited and to think the last concert I went to was the Killers in Vegas when I was pregnant with Scarlett. Sigh....
- disappointed and relieved in equal measure that I have fallen off the Weightwatchers wagon. I have lost 9 kg since February and am still losing a little at a time even now that I am back eating more normal food, I just needed to be able to eat out again and I was getting too cranky on the restricted diet. We are all a lot happier and that is important.
- scrapbooking and this blog continue to be my sanity. If I get to craft and blog then I am generally happy. If things come up that put a stop to that then I am not such a happy camper.
- grateful that we live in a wonderful safe city with excellent schools and opportunities for my daughter. There has been a whisper that we may be transferred in the next couple of years and I was surprised how sad that made me. It may never happen but I truly enjoy living in Singapore and need to make the most of the time we have here.
- counting down the weeks until my Dad comes to stay for a month. Scarlett is beyond excited as he is her favourite person ever. Then we have the excitement of my sister coming to spend Christmas with us and heading to Thailand for a post Christmas break. So many adventures on the way.
If you would like to join in this Blog Your Heart please check out all the information on Stephanie's blog.
Have a wonderful weekend!