Saturday 21 April 2012

Shimelle's Challenge Eight: Stamp Just Once

I decided this was a good one to try as I never ever use my stamps on a layout. I am too scared that I will just make a big mess. To be fair, I tried one stamp first off and had to cover the disastrous results. I then used the large background stamp that came with one of my SC add ons this month and although it was definitely over inked I still liked the shot of texture and cover it provided. I hopped on line shortly after this layout was finished to find that Ursula from Under Scarlet Bird's Wing, one of my favourite scrappers had just posted a layout using the same stamp and ink! I would like to say great minds but.....


This is another SC City of Lights kit and add ons effort. I have added some Amy Tangerine letters from her last collection and a couple of stickers from MME's Miss Caroline collection too. I am still not sure this is finished... there is a wee bit too much of that divider showing but I am at a loss as to how to change it. Suggestions on a postcard please!

The challenge is located here and you have until tomorrow to take part.

I hope you are all having a great weekend. Our Saturday has been flat tack so I am hoping we might have a quieter Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Love your layout. The background stamp looks really good there! Sweet photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep practicing with the stamps! it gets better with practice! (I used to never stamp on pages -- NEVER. But now it's must better!!!)

    ReplyDelete