Thanks again to the lovely Kate at Kate Takes 5 for coming up with a great Listography. I find the months are really starting to get away on me so setting some goals is a great way to take back some control.
April will be the first full month where Miss Scarlett will be in pre school three mornings a week so I really want to make the most of the newly acquired free time I have and not waste it playing Bingo on Facebook!
1. Make sure I do at least an hour of exercise on the days that Scarlett is not at home. I really need to drop some serious pounds this year and I know that the difference for me between slow and significant weightloss is getting my derriere off the couch. Walking on fine days and getting the Wii out when it is raining is not that hard.
2. Stick with the Weightwatchers. I am starting to get frustrated eating out with the family as they chow down on bacon and pasta while I eat the sensible grilled fish and salads. I know in the long run it is best for them and me for me to lose the weight so I just have to put on my big girl pants and get on with it. The three new cookbooks that arrived last week will certainly help improve my WW mojo I hope.
3. Complete at least three scrapbook pieces a week be they cards, layouts or something else. I have the time and I most certainly have the papers and such so I really want to make a significant dent in my stash. Stash busting challenges at Studio Calico here I come!
4. Keep positive when Tet is away overseas with work. He is off this afternoon until Thursday night and is likely to be away again at least once this month. It is an opportunity to spend evenings doing the things I enjoy without feeling guilty. Tet does not like being away anymore than we do but his job is what is enabling me to stay home and for that I will always be grateful.
5. Learn to use my new camera. I have a new point and shoot camera which is similar to but not identical to the one that recently met a sticky end. I want to play around with it and get to feel comfortable and confident using it. Taking part in the April Photo a Day should help with this too. I am going to load my pictures on here every few days so hopefully you will see an improvement.
PS I turn 38 later this month so I also need to find a fun way to celebrate a midweek birthday... suggestions would be most welcome!