Thursday 26 April 2012

More City of Lights

I had plans of writing a longer post today but overnight I have been struck down by the cold that Scarlett has been battling this week. That will teach me to wish to not get sick on my birthday....it just meant I got sick the day after!

I made this layout earlier in the week with a photo I love of Scarlett and her Uncle Shinya who lives in Japan. We do not see him as often as we would like but Scarlett cannot get enough of him whenever we do. Daddy and I do not get a look in when he is around and luckily he loves carrying her and playing with her.


I was hoping to complete this as part of Shimelle's weekend crop but I failed to finish it in time. I based it on a wedding style sketch on her website here. Obviously it is pretty versatile!

The papers and butterflies come from the April Studio Calico City of Lights kit and the layered stickers are from all sorts of odds and ends from my Project Life box. The little card to the right of the photo came in my stash swap package from Kentucky. I am not sure where it is from but it seemed to fit this layout.

Right I am heading back to the couch to wallow in my cold induced haze. I took a nap when Scarlett did today. I was woken by her shouting out. Obviously I had slept through her earlier attempts to wake me and she was bringing out the big guns. Oops.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you will be well soon! That is such a lovely layout of them both. Adore the butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterflies. I am such a nut for them right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up and feel better soon. :) The page is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this page!
    My little man adores his uncle too - we don't get a look in either when he's round ;)
    Hope you feel better soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete