Kate Takes Five has come up with another great list for this week. I have been mulling this over for the past twenty four hours and I think I have come up with an excellent five for Miss S.
1. Self Confidence - This is something I have always struggled with. I think faking it often leads to making it and I would love her to feel confident in most situations! I think this would also be very valuable in those teenage years. I would love her to feel confident in her own skin and not feel like she has to follow the pack.
2. A Love of Books - I am firm believer in reading being the best thing ever. Scarlett has a lot of books in both English and Japanese and we are hoping that she will continue to love them even when she is able to read them herself.
3. Grace - the ballet dancer, Gene Kelly kind rather than the religious aspect. I have all the grace of a demented rhino but I would love Scarlett to be a graceful woman. She does love to dance so all may not be lost!
4. Itchy Feet - I have learnt most of the important things in life by travelling and experiencing the world. I hope Scarlett has a yearning to see the world and experience all it has to offer. I also hope this travel will enable her to really appreciate all the blessings in her life. To be honest her Dad and I travel as often as possible so she will be doing a lot until she is old enough to stay home alone!
5. Compassion - I would like Scarlett to feel compassion for other people and their situations and use her skills and abilities to help those in need. More compassion and less judgement in the world would result in far more happiness for us all I suspect.
I have my fingers crossed that those fairy godmothers are going to arrive shortly. These would be so much better presents to receive than a Barbie Dream Home.
If you would like to take part please link up here. I would love to see your hopes for your children.