Tuesday 16 April 2013

Project Life Week 13

As we enter week 16 of the year I am wondering if I will be permanently behind with Project Life or if I can get myself caught up. Weeks like this one do not help!

The main event was our trip up to Kuala Lumpur. I was considering a mini album but decided I just did not have the time so went with recording the trip as part of PL. Three inserts later and the story is told. I challenged myself to use up papers from my January Studio Calico kits in an attempt to have an empty drawer waiting for April's delivery. I still have a few uncut papers left but I think they are heading for my stash. If I haven't used them in three months then I am probably not going to use them at all.



I have divided the week into days and themes this time in an attempt to have some sort of order. It makes sense to me but I am not sure it would necessarily be as clear for the casual viewer. This spread is the first day of the trip and into the next morning.

 In the spirit of stash bashing I have used a selection of labels from October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker collection. They were really useful as the background papers I have used this week have all been patterned making it harder to journal directly on them.



 This insert side deals with the apartment we stayed in and some of the activities my family got up to. I have included another modern homemaker labels, a Jenni Bowlin label, a journalling card from one of my Studio Calico PL kits and a flair piece from Paper Bakery.


 One of the best things about where we stayed in KL was the proximity to an enormous playground. We went there everyday so I felt it deserved its own spread. I kept this very simple with some hand written journalling and some various word stickers from my PL stash.



 All the pictures on this side of the insert were taken from the same park in central KL. I added a piece of flair from Paper Bakery and some older labels from Crate Paper.


 One of the best parts of the trip was heading out into the burbs of KL to visit with our friends Alan and Indera and their three dogs. Only one of the dogs was very taken with Scarlett. The others were scared and/or barking at her. Yoshi was a real star though. Again I just kept it simple with some OA labels.


KL is known for its great food and Alan and Indera took us to some great foody spots. Check out the breakfast dosai on the bottom right. I backed this spread with a Basic Grey SC limited edition paper that I could not imagine using on a layout. I do like it much better cut into pocket sizes. The journalling cars is a SC PL kit one and the word label is one of my favourites from MME.


This final page of KL only photos is a round up of some of the things we got up to and I must not forget to show you the My Little Pony someone got while she was there! Alan's car has a glass roof so that was fun in the downtown area. It gave us a new perspective on the skyline. I have used more MME word stickers and journalling cards from OA and SC.


The final spread highlights the joys of KLIA including a great children's play area and adjoining massage chairs. It would have been rude not to try them! We had a lovely Sunday at home including ballet and lunch out. I have added clear sequins to the ballet photos which have not photographed well but look cute IRL.

Congratulations if you made it right through to the end. It was a bit of a mission this week. I have processed the photos for the next two weeks and they are looking much lighter. Fingers crossed I might even use some filler cards!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on finishing such a full week! Lots of memories documented there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great PL pages! Even though you're a litte behind, I admire you for doing PL anyway....I don't even start doing it lol

    ReplyDelete