Thursday 21 February 2013

Sticky Fingers A Stuck! Sketch

 

I knew as soon as I saw this sketch that it would be a great one to adapt to a single photo. I rarely scrap multiple photos or 8.5 x 11 but this was an easy switch.


 Two layouts in a  row without a person's face must be some sort of record for me. I was not intending to have Scarlett's hand in shot but she couldn't resist taste testing my breakfast. Funnily enough she is not an enormous fan of yogurt or pancakes so it must have been the honey that caught her eye.



I used my January  Studio Calico kit and an additional label from Dear Lizzy's Lucky Charm collection. I really like the star washi tape from this kit. I kept it fairly monochromatic with a pinch of pink from the berries on the plate.

Thursday is normally my Project Life day but I am still waiting on my Project Life kit from Studio Calico. I know there are some Valentine's Day cards that I would like to use so I have to wait. So frustrating. I seem to be getting my kits later and later each month.

Just a final thought. Tomorrow (the 22nd) is the second anniversary of the earthquake in Christchurch that changed my city and the lives of my friends and family forever. If you are Australia based, SBS is showing an amazing documentary called When A City Falls that will show some of what happened at 8.30 on Friday evening. I lost a good friend in the collapse of the CTV building so my thoughts will be with Matty and all those others who lost their lives. Kia Kaha Christchurch.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Claire. I hope you get your kit soon. Sorry for the loss of your friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Claire, I'm so sorry about your friend. *hugs*

    your layout - i think S's hand makes it more special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss Claire!!! xoxo
    Great layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the layout
    and yesterday was hard for all chch peeps and NZ people....such a tragedy...sorry to hear about your friend...
    kia kaha chch

    ReplyDelete