Wednesday 6 February 2013

Layouts and Learning

You may recognise the photo in the layout I am sharing with you today. It was my Wordless Wednesday image from last week. Sharing the photo prompted me to actually print it out and create a layout using the photo. I love it when my creative urges work in tandem like that!



I just love this Amy Tangerine paper. I keep saying I don't use much pink which is starting to suggest to me that I use a lot more than I think I do. The pink does match one of the colours in Miss S's leggings so that was enough for me. I used some scraps from a previous layout to layer under the photo. I also added a couple of journalling cards - the ampersand is from the SC Project Life kit and the hidden page clipped under it is a Creative Bubble printable.  I then threw in some vellum die cuts from Studio Calico and a glittery title from the Christmas Add On and called it pretty much done.

I have just started a blogging course to help me organise my blogging process a little better. It is run by Melissa at Momcomm. I do have a vague plan of how things work here but I think the time has come to be a little more focused. I have even set up a twitter account for the blog and when I figure how that all works I will be sharing it with you. 

To be honest, I am feeling a little overwhelmed by the course as some of the people taking part are serious bloggers with huge followings. I am not sure if my little spot in the blogging community is grand enough to be taking part. I have learnt a huge amount already though and I can see some ways that I can improve the blog.

As always I would love to hear from you, my kind readers. Are there things you love or loathe about this blog? I really would value your feedback.

By the way, Geralyn has some gorgeous new printables up this week. I especially love her new neutral set but the Valentines ones are also very cute.

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Adorable photo and layout!! Love that background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Love that blue stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take credit for it but it is printed on the paper. It really makes it something special!

      Delete
  3. Hi, fellow brewer! *gg* I had no idea that printables of paper and such existed; and that you are making cards out of physical objects (that's correct, isn't it? this is not a photoshopped 3-D dog clip?) -- who knew? It's so exciting discovering all these new niches and bloggers. I wouldn't worry at all about the 'big-name' bloggers; goodness, I didn't even have any idea... ;-) You've been around or a long time (I am very impressed); I only started 5 months ago and am my own one-woman-niche... It's so nice that you're blogging about the course; I'm somehow too timid to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the clip is a real three dimensional clip. The layouts are 12 inches by 12 inches and they keep me sane!
      I couldn't agree more about discovering amazing niches in the blogging world. I am impressed by your blog no end. You have inspired me to take a visit to our local library next week and check out the art within!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos, great choice in papers and love how you tucked in the "&"

    ReplyDelete