Monday 4 February 2013

Listmania Three: Crushes













Post image for Listmania Three: Crushes Then and Now 


It is Monday so it is time for another list and this one is a goody. Celebrity crushes then and now. We all had them and now I get to embarrass myself by sharing them.

I was a tween/teen in the 80s and early 90s so my crushes are very much a product of that era.

My great love during this time was Morrissey. Yep, that depressed Mancunian had my heart. All that teenage angst and affectation was just what I needed.

source: myspace.com



The second great love of mine from this period was Dave Gahan, the lead singer of Depeche Mode. This is the band that got me through the horror that was boarding school and his amazing voice is still something I cannot get enough of. I have to admit though that I was horrified to find him starring in a VW commercial recently.

Source: german.fanshare.com


I was pretty keen on Jon Cryer from Pretty In Pink. Not such a great fan of his work in Two and a Half Men but back in his Ducky days I thought he was lovely.

source: legendsrevealed.com



These days I think my tastes are a little more mature and possibly more eclectic.

I adore Alan Rickman. Not so much from his Harry Potter role but more from the English movie Truly Madly Deeply. It is all about his voice. I could listen to him read the phone book and be perfectly happy. I prefer him without the dodgy mo though!

source: ellie-red.blog.cz


Brandon Flowers from The Killers will always have a place in my heart. I love his voice and I have always enjoyed seeing him perform live. I even went to Vegas to see them! He just seems like a nice guy and I like to see them doing well.

Source: en.wikipedia.org



Finally, I am rather taken with both Benedict Cumberpatch and Martin Freeman in Sherlock. Such an excellent drama and there are aspects of both characters and actors that I find really appealling. Cannot wait for Season Three to come out. Luckily I have both seasons on DVD so I can enjoy the quality drama and actors whenever I like!
Source: digitalspy.co.uk


I have had fun thinking about this topic. I ended up using google images for my pictures and am aware that is not entirely the best way to do things but after spending the best part of two hours trying to track down sources it was the only way to get pictures up. It gets a bit tricky this blogging lark.

I cannot wait to go and check out the other lists this week. Such a fun topic! I would love to see your list too either on the listmania linky or just in the comments.

16 comments:

  1. Thank you. I could never remember where I had seen Jon Cryer before. And I must have see him at least five times in that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on voices - huge part of appeal. I loved James Mason for his voice and still love Christopher lee (I pick audio books just because he's reading them)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crushes. Brandon Flowers is very hot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing - haven't thought about Depeche Mode for absolutely ages !!!
    Have the best day !
    Me
    #Listmania visitor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Claire! I need to watch Sherlock!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mopey teenage crushes! I wasn't cool enough to like Morrissey or Depeche Mode - my tastes leaned more to Def Leppard and other guys with long poofy hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fun!!! When I think back about my teen crushes, all I can do is laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this - i was a huge depeche mode fan and saw them when i was in high school in NYC and had back stage passes as well. 2 young impressionable girls (think 13 or 14 yo) we only stayed a short while as it was definitely not a smart place to hang (if only i had been 4 or 5 years older)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought it was so fun I had to do my own list. You can find it here:
    http://cissidilnotsmith.blogspot.se/2013/02/crushes-then-and-now.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list! Brandon Flowers and Morrissey - two personal faves of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with Alan Rickman's voice xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete