Friday 1 February 2013

Project Life Weeks 2 and 3 2013

I am really enjoying the process this time around. I am still taking too many photos (and it looks like Week 4 is going to need an insert!) but enjoying playing with paper and keeping things simple.

Week Two looks like this.


One side of the entry for this week is taken up with our visit to the Singapore Zoo to see the pandas on loan from China. They are here for ten years but we decided we needed to see them as soon as possible. We only got to see the female panda as the male is taking a while to adjust. I included our tickets, pictures of some of the signage and the special Panda Pau (bun) that is on sale.


It was a pretty busy week. It was my sister's last week staying with us so we got out and about with her to the Botanic Gardens and a few other favourite spots of hers. Scarlett had her first day in Nursery One and we attended a First Month Party for one of S's classmate's little brothers.

I used a variety of papers and inserts including the Studio Calico Project Life kit for January, some handbook inserts from Studio Calico and some pieces from the Clementine collection too.

Week Three was even simpler if that is possible.


Once again an outing gets a whole page. This time we went to the Oceanarium on Sentosa. Lots of little photos and little letters. I am finally starting to make a dent in my drawer full of lettering sheets.

 
The second half of the week has a variety of events. We had a fantastic lunch at Din Tai Fung and a Mummy daughter date at our favourite Kiwi cafe. I penned my thoughts on the monsoon season we are coming to the end of and included a very cute picture of Miss S in her raincoat. I really enjoyed including the filler cards and labels from the SC kit. They work really well. I also included a Creative Bubble filler card too.

Probably my biggest issue at present, is the lag between purchasing and receiving my PL kit from Studio Calico. Postage seems to be really slow and it is usually the end of week three by the time the kit is here. I am supplementing my kit with some cards cut from scraps from my other SC kits. I know in a couple of months it won't be an issue but at present I feel like I have to conserve the cards so I don't run out before the next batch arrives.

Miss S has requested a quiet stay at home weekend so we are more than happy to oblige. As long as I get my weekly dose of sushi I will be content to potter around home. We might even get stuck into some Chinese New Year crafting.

I hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Great job on keeping up! Love the diversity in your PL pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean about the kits. Almost wish they were a month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool pages! I love the different colors on your PL pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man i LOVE these spreads your PL is just turning out great. I know what you mean about the kits, i got mine i think on the 17th this month so frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pages. I have the opposite problem. I think I only have three pics this week so far

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this page.....very cool!!

    ReplyDelete