Friday 22 February 2013

Project Life Week 7

My cunning plan of not waiting round for my SC kit and leaving a note for the postie to leave any parcels with the security guard worked. My kit arrived late on Wednesday and I got my Week 7 pages finished up last night.

This week is a bit different in that I used a 12 x 6 insert for half the week and a WRMK  page for the rest. I didn't like having weeks spread over two pages so this way I am back to a week across a page.


I worked with a combination of SC February Project Life kit, Clementine kit and bits and pieces from my stash. This side shows me finally catching a shot of a lion dance in progress. We have been listening to the trucks travelling around the neighbourhood for a few weeks. Scarlett loved seeing it but she definitely finds them a bit loud!


The second side of the insert covered Valentine's Day. I made a bit of an effort this year and we had fun celebrating this. I was very spoilt with a Selphy printer which made my gift of a fun coffee mug a bit on the naff side. I bought cake treats for Hubby and Miss S  and one of Tet's colleagues spoilt him with some amazing chocolate. I used a lovely 4 x 6 Elle's Studio page for the bottom pocket and a Creative Bubble printable for the top pocket. I had not realised that the AC pockets in this format had sleeves on both sides so I could not reuse the backs of my first pockets as I had intended.

 

My final page shows a few high points from the week. Lots of great children's meals at a variety of Japanese restaurants seems to be a major feature. We visited the Canadian International School Fair and were very impressed by what we saw there. It certainly gave us some food for thought. Miss Nearly Three and her father finally changed their game of choice at the arcade and were rewarded with three toys on their first day. I rather meanly snapped this photo of MNT in full tantrum after being told that I would like her to at least put some underpants on before she sat on the couch. I am so mean!

Most of my backing pages are from a Pebbles set of 4 x 6 cards which I love. I have borrowed some labels from one of my other SC kits this month too. I really find these little labels useful on pages where I use a lot of large photos.

I am really enjoying this form of memory keeping and my plan to keep it simple has meant that I am managing to do plenty of other crafting again too. I have even had my knitting out again this week.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. love this post...and i too am loving the last page you shared with the 12"x1" strip down the side...love the mix of the vertical and horizontal pics!!!

    ReplyDelete