Thursday 7 February 2013

Project Life Weeks 4 and 5

Well, I have finally managed to catch up my Project Life and am feeling a lot happier. Getting one weeks worth of photos together at a time will be a much simpler process.

Week 4 was dominated by our trip to Bangkok. If it looks a little like a playground tour of Bangkok you would not be wrong. We found some good ones!


The bulk of page one was the early part of the week at home in Singapore. It includes Scarlett's current favourite game of campout complete with toasting marshmallows, Chinese New Year decorations and beautiful fresh flowers from the market. The final photo is one of me that hubby took on our first morning in Bangkok. Quite nice to be caught in the act!

These pages are a real hotch potch of supplies including the January Studio Calico Project Life kit, SC stamps, cut aparts from an SC exclusive paper and some scraps of paper from last years kits that were just begging to be used for something.



All these photos with the exception of Miss S being nearly at one with the television are from Bangkok. The lovely image in the centre bottom slot is actually my day pass for the BTS train system. I thought it was a beautiful picture of another side of Thai life that was in no way evident in Bangkok itself. Poor hubby had a cold from the moment we left on Friday afternoon until we returned home on Tuesday when it promptly disappeared. He looks pretty unwell in the shot from the aeroplane. I love the photo of Scarlett returning the wai or greeting to Ronald McDonald as we walked past the local branch. 




Week 4 was so jam packed with excitement that I added an additional page. We stayed in an amazing apartment complex that we would happily live at. It had a beautiful pool, outdoor playground and an enormous soft play indoor playground. Scarlett was in heaven. The pool was on the 7th floor of the building so had lovely views of the city and a number of beautifully fragrant frangipani trees to make it all seem that much more resort like. The top right photo is from a really wonderful Japanese restaurant we ate at in Bangkok. I loved the decorative ceiling and the food was very good too.



Week 5 started in Bangkok and ended back home in Singapore. We had a bit of a wait at the airport which we spent looking at the Thai art and having breakfast at Starbucks. Scarlett got into the swing of moving overseas by organising her animals into an international move, complete with passports. Poppy was not that pleased to see us on our return as our cat sitter is way nicer than we are! Lots of journalling here trying to get all our thoughts about the move down on paper.



The latter part of the week was dominated by Chinese New Year preparations. We have a CNY party to attend at school tomorrow so Miss S had a lovely time trying on a new cheongsam and embroidered slippers for the occasion. I will be taking lots of proper photos as she looks adorable in them! Tet's work also had a traditional gathering including tossing the Yu Sheng salad for good luck in the year ahead. They also had the Singapore standard of chilli crab which was delicious I have been told. The week is rounded off with some fun painting with Scarlett teaching Daddy how to finger paint. I also added a little about our ongoing sleep issues with Miss Nearly Three. It isn't all beer and skittles and I think my Project Life needs to reflect that.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at a little slice of our lives through the Project Life lens. I am really enjoying being back on the bandwagon. This is such a wonderful record of our lives. I cannot wait to start my Scarlett baby album using the  baby kit I purchased a while back. I promised myself I would not start it until I have finished my December Daily though.

Right, I am off to order a tutu for the upcoming birthday celebrations. Someone is ballet mad and I know she will love it!


4 comments:

  1. Love the pages and YAY for being caught up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week! And way to go on getting your pl caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you are using your own supplies (& SC Kit). I have found the BH too repetative for my style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your PL update....go you!!!

    and posts below
    *can i tell you, i LOVE your blog...i love to hear about your travels and the world you are living in
    and i cannot wait to hear about chinese new year celebrations either!!! (love the layout too)
    *love the layout....and mmm that chia pudding sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete