Friday 14 September 2012

Toddlers in the Sun Shine

One of the most memorable mornings of my trip home was spent with my former manager, Jo. I have known her for nearly ten years now and consider her a friend rather than a former colleague. She was the person who took a punt on offering a teacher an insurance job and I hope I never caused her to regret her decision.

I met some wonderful friends in the insurance business. When we all first met none of us had children and only Jo was married. Jo now has three children, Fidelia two and Caroline and I one each! We arranged to all meet up and meet our various new arrivals while I was home. We had a lovely morning tea (home made scones!) and our children ran or crawled around and enjoyed the sunshine!



 Jo's husband kindly took the photo in this layout of us all enjoying the sun on Jo's deck. 

This layout is my entry for the Blow Out Your Stash #6 challenge on at Studio Calico currently. This challenge is a recipe challenge. The layout needs to include brads, ribbon, chipboard, stickers and an unused stamp. I thought the shine stamp was perfect for this blue sky background and yellow was the obvious colour for the ink. All the papers are from the Summer of 69 kit and the ribbon and stamp are from my Pop off the Page class kit. The brads are MME Nostalgia and the sticker journal spot is OA.

I think this may be the first recipe challenge I have ever tried and I really enjoyed it. What sort of challenges do you take part in most often?

6 comments:

  1. Great layering! I'm up for some more scrapping this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try out all the SC challenges this weekend. My favorite ones are Glimmer Girl's and Memory Making Mondays at 2peas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright fun layout! Love the sky patterned paper usage here!

    ReplyDelete