Tuesday 11 September 2012

Scrap Friends Sketch

I am not entirely sure how I came across the Scrap Friends Blog but I am really glad that I did. They have some interesting sketches and a really international range of participants in their regular challenges.

I decided to have a crack at their Sketch Challenge #5. I was a bit intimidated at first by the giant photo but one of their DT, Lizzy Hill, had used three smaller photos instead so I thought with that approach it might be something I would enjoy.

Here is the sketch : 



And here is my take on it :




I used the pops of pink from Scarlett's clothes to guide my colour choices. All these pictures were taken during our trip home. 

The MME Indie Chic paper made a surprisingly neurtral background. Most of the embellies came from the Summer of 69 kit by Studio Calico. I also added in some Freckled Fawn washi, label and stickers from October Afternoon and a chevron bag and flair from GreatestView.

I am really looking forward to the next challenge on this site. Are you thinking about joining in?

9 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch and how you used the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take in the sketch! I love all the bits and pieces you used on your layout! And such cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for sharing your layout and the sketch source.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Claire! :) I am working on this sketch as well! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! Glad I was able to give you some inspiration...you got this sketch down perfectly!! LOVE the Greatest View goodies too.....they're FAB products:):) So glad you did find us & joined in at Scrap Friends - have to agree - Angela's sketches are awesome:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely page and great take on the sketch..thanks so much for playing along at SF :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the sketch, the 3 photos in a row look fab. Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrap Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really lovely layout. The green in the photos is blanaced well with the red and pinks. Great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Scrap Friends.

    ReplyDelete