Wednesday 6 March 2013

Shimelle Starting Point for Subtle Backgrounds

Shimelle posted this starting point a wee while back and to be honest I finished the layout a week or ago too. It is the first layout in ages that I have misted on or used a mask for so it is a bit of a red letter layout.

In my usual disorganised fashion I didn't take a photo of the layout before I added to the starting point!



You may recognise these thickers as quite old Amy Tangerine ones. I have two packets of this pattern in varying degrees of used up and am trying hard to use them before opening any of the new ones from the recent CHA. The remainder of this layout comes from scraps of my Wildberry Court add on from the Block Party kit. I adore the Crate Paper background page. I decided to draw upon the red and pink in my daughter's skirt for the background piecing and embellishment. I love these Pink Paislee  mistable hearts and while I had the pink mist out I had a go at a simple ombre mask on some white cardstock. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

The picture is from one of our many trips to this playground. There are lots of fun things to climb on and a pond with turtles and bridges and a reflexology path for hours of fun. Like so many playgrounds here there is no shade, so a hat and sun block are a must.

Two posts in one day! There must be something wrong with me!

6 comments:

  1. Cute page Claire - I love those thickers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this layout very cool!!
    love that red misted paper!!!

    and post below
    **love the birthday pics too...miss cute!!!
    **lvoe the sharing cake layout too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour palette! Great use of the starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design and great job on the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't shimelle just so inspiring?? Love her! And that is such a pretty layout. I love that misted pieceM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design and what a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete