Wednesday 27 March 2013

Hello World : March First Stuck Sketch

I have found sketches really useful lately. I have struggled more than a little to work with some of my SC kits of late and sketches have been a life saver. The Stuck site sketches have been a good starting point.

The first March sketch caught my eye for a number of reasons.

I have found I have a number of odd bits and pieces left over from cut apart sheets for Project Life or odd shaped boxes of patterned paper after I have finished with a kit. I knew I wouldn't use square images like those shown in the sketch but decided to use a standard 4 x 6 under the title wording.


Most of this project is from scraps and cut aparts included in the January Studio Calico kit, Block Party. I started off by misting the centre of the wood grain paper with some plum thumb Mister Huey just to carry the red throughout the layout. I replaced the photos from the sketch with pieces from a Carta Bella cut apart sheet in the kit. This photo makes everything look a little more washed out than it appears in reality. The cut aparts are not as far from the colour of the thickers as they appear.

I took my title from the piece of flair included beside the photo. I have a very confident daughter and she loves getting out into the world, seeing new places and meeting new people. This shot just seemed to fit with the theme.

If you think you would like to try this sketch there are prizes to be won until the end of the month so visit Stuck Sketches and have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment