Wednesday 6 June 2012

Of snow and ladders and scrapbooking

I enjoyed a very relaxed trip into the city this morning while Miss S was at school. I was sitting enjoying an early lunch when I got a text from home telling me my Dad had fallen off a ladder and had badly injured his face. To put it in context, my home town is in the midst of an unseasonably early snow storm and Dad had gone out in the snow to try and clear snow from his spouting. He is now back from the doctor with several stitches in his chin and a number of missing teeth. Funny how a day can change from being lovely to awful with one message.

It is times like this that being a long way from home really is difficult. We love living here but knowing that there is only one direct flight home a day from Singapore and it is a ten hour flight to get there makes it hard when things are tough at home.

There is a bit of upheaval going on here too with new appliances being provided by our landlady as a sweetener for resigning our lease. We will be staying in our apartment for another two years which is a relief as we like living here. Not so great is working out how to keep all the contents of the fridge and freezer cold while they swap the new and old ones over.

I have been doing a little scrapbooking this week but not as much as I would like.

This layout is another one from the kit that I cut up last week. This paper was one that I kept intact as I knew I would find a photo that worked with it. I used an additional paper scrap from the Field Guide kit to mount the photo on and added an Amy Tangerine envelope and index card to provide a journalling spot. The sticker is also Amy Tangerine.


This layout was much more about using the scraps as they fell. I kept the lined scrap to one side as I knew I needed it to journal on. The camera stickers are Amy Tangerine and October afternoon and the brads are from Basic Grey and the wooden asterisks are,of course, from Studio Calico. I stole the letter stickers from my May kit - they are Jillibean Soup ones and I need more of them - they are so versatile.

Sorry the photos are a bit rubbish this time around. We have had a number of gloomy overcast days and I have just had to make the best of it.


8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to here about your dad.I will keep him in my prayers. Your layout is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your dad had a fall, but I'm glad he's doing ok! Hugs! Your layouts are so pretty! I love how you used that pp in the "Finally Fujisan" layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your dad. It's tough to be so far away. Wishing him a speedy recovery! I love your scrapbooking style! I could totally see us becoming BFF's ;) How about that coffe date soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your father. I'll keep you in mly prayers. Beautiful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your dad, but glad he was ok. Your layouts are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he is doing better soon...
    I love your layouts. I never quite knew what to do with that sassafrass paper in field guide, looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he's on the mend and feeling better! I love how you used up your paper scraps in these layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your dad recovers quickly! Those are a couple of fun pages!!

    ReplyDelete