Friday 24 February 2012

Wow that has really snuck up on me!

I have been doing a bit of crafting. I finally got my 8.5 by 11 inch albums and inserts from Scrapbook.com so I am up to date with Cathy Zielske's Move More Eat Well class. I am loving this class. It is making me really focus on moving more and eating better. There is still plenty of room for improvement but small steps over the year should add up to big changes. I have also signed up for Ali Edward's One Little Word class but without the album and inserts I have been putting it off. My plan is to complete the January portion this weekend and try and be up to date by the first of March. Neither of these albums are ones I intend to share at this stage.

These plans may all be derailed of course by the fact that my wee dot, Scarlett, is turning two tomorrow. I am still in a bit of denial about the whole thing really. It does not seem that long ago that she was born. I thought I might just add a few of my favourite pictures of her from the last two years. 

We have a fun day planned for tomorrow. She has gym in the morning. We are then going to Build A Bear for her to build her birthday stuffed animal. Last year it was a monkey and she told me the other day that she thinks she wants a fox this time. We will see when we get there. After a sushi lunch we are going to head to the zoo for some animal watching and water play. She really wants to see the wolves this time (for reasons that remain unclear to her father and me). I told her she could have a special dinner of her choice. She wants stir fry noodles with meat and baby corn. It is nice to have a child that is easily pleased.

I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing Friday.

About 30 seconds after delivery. Scarlett was furious about being born. We didn't hear her cry like that again until her first lot of vaccinations.

Meeting Grandad on the day she was born. She is the first and only grandchild on both sides of the family.

Farewelling her Great Grandad a few days before we left for Singapore. She was nearly four months old.

Five months old in Singapore.

Eight months old.

Walking at eleven months and constantly on the move!

Opening presents on her first birthday.

On holiday aged 18 months. She has already filled eleven pages of her passport!

Enjoying her Valentine's day treat.

Wow she really has changed over the last year. I should do a review of her pictures more often - probably in the comfort of my own home rather than inflicting it on my long suffering readers.

Congratulations if you have reached the end of this rather self indulgent post. I intend to be back to usual programming next week.

4 comments:

  1. she is a cutie pie!
    i have been thinking about both of the classes you are taking...are they great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet bunch of photos! Happy Birthday Scarlett!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying the content in both. I really like Cathy Z's style. I am kind of working both classes together as my OLW is health. I really need to get my act together and lose weight this year. I like the way I can keep track and be motivated and inspired by Cathy's class. The online community is really good with some interesting content on the message boards. I need to actually do a bit more of Ali's class before I say too much but I have enjoyed her monthly videos so far and it has helped me keep my eye on the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have fun with your classes, it sounds like a lot of fun. Happy birthday sweet, Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete