Thursday, 18 October 2012

Oops I Did It Again

Impressive thunderstorm .... check.
Falling asleep beside S ..... check.
Lovely two hour nap .... check.

There are worse bad habits to adopt I suppose.

On the bright side my 15 minutes of craftiness last night was successful.

I managed to complete my first layout and got a good starting point made on my next one.


I ended up going with hand written journalling after playing with a handful of journalling cards. Nothing quite worked so I decided finished was definitely preferable to perfect.

I had pulled out an older OA paper from my Handmade collection so I used that as a base and grabbed some scraps from Summer of 69 and put together a layered starting point in the style of Shimelle and that gives me a chance to choose a photo and get embellishing tonight.


I have no great plan for this start but I do love all the bright colours. Here is hoping Miss S gets to bed without me tonight and gives me a chance to play!

Just a reminder that the 15 minute challenge competition runs until Midnight Sunday night EST and there is a $10 Studio Calico voucher up for grabs for all those who take part. Please share something you have made in a 15 minute period in the comments on this or any post from this week and you will go in the draw to win. If I get more than ten entries I will add a second voucher to the mix. You know you want to.

Brr it is a very chilly 24 degrees here now - I have my cardigan on! I hope you are keeping warm and crafty wherever you happen to be today.

4 comments:

  1. Love that clean design of your layout and the Shimelle base is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the background paper you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to Shimelle for ideas on how to layer. She does an amazing job. Whenever I get stuck in a rut, I go to watch one of her videos and usually I can the ball rolling then :)

    ReplyDelete