Wednesday 21 March 2012

Two in a row

I have been working on scrapbook layouts while Scarlett has been napping lately. As she has been sick, the naps have generally been quite long and I have got quite a lot achieved this week. Two double page spreads for Project Life and two layouts is a good effort for me during the week.

This new layout is also based on one of Shimelle Laine's starting points. I was also inspired by a challenge on my LSS's site to complete a layout that is 80% product from one company. I have a lot of both the Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy Neapolitan lines by American Craft so I decided to have a go.


This photo is from one of our reasonably regular trips to Bintan. It is just a short ferry ride from Singapore and we really enjoy spending time there. Scarlett is obsessed with elephants and there are both real ones and these statues where we stay. It has become part of our trip for Scarlett to go and say hello to these elephants when we arrive and to farewell them when we leave.

I have mainly used papers and embellishments from the Studio Calico Day Dream Believer kit and add ons with a few additional Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy items from my stash. I was pleasantly surprised how well the two lines worked together on this layout and it came together pretty quickly. The only non AC items on the page are the bling and one of the strips of paper is Crate Paper which is now part of AC so maybe that could count too. I think my favourite things, apart from the photo, on this layout are the banners down the right hand side and the grey Amy Tangerine lettering on the grey cardstock.

I am a exhausted after a rough night sleep wise last night. Monkey is much better but she had a wake every hour night last night and finally decided she was up for the day at 4 this morning. I did all the middle of the night wake ups so Tet got up with her at four and I grabbed ninety minutes sleep before I was up for the day. I have discovered that I prefer no sleep to that amount!

I am off to work on the first of our Japan pages in Project Life now. I hope to have some pictures to post of some earlier pages for you tomorrow.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet layout. I hope your little one feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty color combination. The soft pastels are just perfect with the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sooo pretty! i saw it on the sc gallery & loved it.
    xo
    p.s. i love elephants as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout. I am so glad that your little one is feeling better, there's nothing worse than bad nights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have a knack for scrapbooking! I really love it, but more often I turn what I've made into cards to give away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the row of pennant to the right of the photo. Great work!

    ReplyDelete