Monday 20 August 2012

Layout Challenge

I am finally starting to take part in some of the challenges on the Studio Calico Forum. The lovely members of the forum regularly post new ideas to keep us all inspired and trying new things. This particular challenge involved thinking of your lucky number and scraplifting that layout from your favourites folder. I am often guilty of saving something as a favourite and then forgetting all about it.

I checked my folder and layout six happened to be one of Shimelle's layouts from her recent stint as a guest designer. I had a lovely photo of Tet and his sister that I have been itching to scrap and the rest fell into place from there.





This layout was mainly the SO Cal kit with some papers from the Malibu add on. I also included some embellies from Lilybee Design's Double Dutch collection. I had quite a bit I wanted to say about the events leading up to this photo so the large journalling space was perfect. I also included some of the chevron washi that I recently won on Shanna Noel's blog. It is lovely and I can see it appearing regularly on my layouts.

I had better sign off as we have a long weekend today and the family are itching to head out again. I got a wee bit sunburnt yesterday so I am going to be sticking to the shade today!

Have a happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Great scrap lift. Looks Luke a good lo to use for ideas, I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lift looks great! I like the color combo you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the little bits of detail that you included in your layout. i so want to own some washi tape:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I just love the layering and the colors and that photo!

    ReplyDelete