Friday 17 April 2015

The Great Abandoned Blog Mystery

If you asked me why I have not touched my blog in nearly twelve months I really couldn't tell you. I guess I could spout all the usual excuses of the 21st Century - I am busy, lack of inspiration but really it is a mystery to me. 

I got so much pleasure from blogging and interacting with friends and strangers from around the world and it was mentally really healthy for me to have an outlet for my thoughts and creative projects. I need to get back into this.

I was chatting online with my sister-in-law and our conversation touched on blogging and she reminded me just how much I enjoyed this space. I cannot be sure what shape it will take. I have not touched my scrapbook supplies since I finished LOAD last year so I doubt there will be much scrapping going on. I think I want to return to the original idea of the blog a little more and record some of the adventures we are having in Singapore and beyond. Life has changed a great deal with Miss S starting primary (elementary) school and turning five so there are things to explore there too.

I have returned to my passion for reading in the past year. The discovery of the amazing Modern Mrs Darcy has introduced me to a world of new and exciting books and book bloggers. I want to share the books I have enjoyed with my readers in the hope that some may strike a cord with you.

I am also making a concerted effort to get into yoga. I have been working my way through 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene via Youtube and although my body and fitness won't allow me to do everything in each of her sessions I feel really great after them. There is always a pose in the session that my body really requires even if it is just Corpse pose at the end!

So the plan is to blog once or twice a week and see if I can find my mojo again. I hope those of you that have hung in there will join me for this new installment of my adventure in Singapore.


No comments:

Post a Comment