Tuesday 17 December 2013

Stuck Sketches: Driving

I carried on with the same supplies after yesterday's post and continued working backwards through my saved sketches and my July kit. I found a Stuck! Sketches sketch and got to work.





I initially intended to use this sketch with a portrait photo per the sketch but found I didn't have any in my box of printed photos so I adapted the sketch to use a couple of 3 x 4 shots instead.


This is another very aqua layout. The beautiful geometric background paper is from Pebbles Lakeside collection. I also added in a couple of pages from my 6 x 6 paper pads to stretch my supplies. The pink doily print is from Crate Paper and Maggie Holmes and the fussy cut map pieces are from an older Studio Calico travel line.

I finally got to use one of those gorgeous cars from the October Afternoon Travel Girl line. I added a framed image from the Miscellany from the same collection. I had a couple of the grab bags from Freckled Fawn out so I added the geotag paper clips that came in one of them as well.


I love the idea of paper strips for journalling but I never type my journalling so I decided to swap my title into that spot and set it up per the sketch. I am not entirely happy with this and may make it a bit more square. Chances are that it will go in my album as is though as I am all about getting things done at present.

The photos were taken on our trip to New Zealand in July. We popped into the Cookie Time store while we were there and Miss Three was very taken with the decorated mini in the centre of the store. We really had a hard time getting her to leave - not even a cookie bribe was successful!

I feel really good about getting these layouts done. I have used most of the kit and what isn't used is going back in my stash. I am going to open the next bag from the pile of shame and work on the next saved sketch. I have some wedding photos printed and seeing it is my wedding anniversary on Thursday I am thinking I might just try and scrap one of those. I can always reprint the photos if I don't love the outcome!





8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, love the way you made your photos work and the perfect themed little embellies! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this sketch.
    I like how you added more photos to this layout and your title :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the sticker journalling...so so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cluster of 2 photos and embellishments! Scrapping Everyday Miracles is having a challenge, and we'd love for you to enter a layout or 2! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-theme-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch. I love the title stripes. Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome page! looove the october afternoon car :D it feels like your page is full of movement, how awesome! thank you sharing your page with us and playing along at stuck ?! merry christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch! Love how your mixed all the lines and made it work. Great way to use up some stash too. Thanks for joining in at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your twist to the sketch, great to see it adapted to suit. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete